New: application server, cloud-support, spell-checking and more!
We improved Quino's application-server and cloud support with the 1.8.3 and 1.8.4 releases.
The improvements to application-server and cloud support are:
- We added a binary payload format that is much more efficient to improve performance when running against a Quino application server
- The API for metadata-based methods has been improved and integrated with the service locator
- The new data-driver architecture allows for much more aggressive client-side caching to avoid performance-killing round-trips for data that rarely changes
In addition to application-server and cloud support, the latest version of Quino also provides improved support for:
- Integrated spell-checking support for Winform applications, which allows for application- and client-configurable Open-Office-based dictionaries
- Metadata/model-based applications using ASP.NET MVC (work-in-progress but coming along nicely)
- Many improvements to integration of reports and printing for Winform applications
- VS2012-compatible and tested
See the 1.8.3 and 1.8.4 release notes for all the details!